- Getting shit on by a skua gets you free zodiac rides.
- Toilet etiquette – sprinkle dry leaves like salt bae after you’re done.
- It’s your turn to dig a new toilet hole and your memory of previous holes is failing.
- That toilet situation conversation with Shoal Team over the radio.
- Davis’s obsession with getting sponsored #sponsorme.
- Tamar and Dahlia’s Beeman workout to rage against the machine.
- Davis the health nuts vs Shoal the chefs.
- Getting everyone on the porridge, meditation and intermittent fasting.
- The soft mutiny at Beeman. We were all being dramatic.
- The live tv drama of “The Real Polar Cruise Passengers”.
I dug this out from the drafts. It was written sometime in 2020. Probably incomplete.
The new zealand sea lion team was made up of 6 people, split evenly into 2 groups. Each group lived and worked at a different sea lion breeding colony separated by a channel of water for 6 weeks. The goal was to monitor and collect data from sea lions. I was part of the Davis colony team in the 2019/2020 field season.